Initial Membership dues are:
All members of LCP are required to hold a membership in the American Canoe Association.
Single: $20 club dues plus **$25 ACA membership = $45 **New 2019 Fee
Family: $30 club dues plus **$25, per person, ACA membership = Minimum $50 **New 2019 Fee
To join, please complete a Membership Application and ACA Waiver for each person. Links to the forms are at the top
of this page. The membership year is Jan 1 - Dec 31. Bring your check (made out to Lowcountry Paddlers), application,
and ACA waiver to the next meeting, club paddle or event - OR - mail your check, application, and ACA waiver to:
c/o R. Leinster
107 Boone Drive
Summerville, SC 29485
LCP Members enjoy a 20% discount on all Charleston County Park and Recreation Commission Outdoor Programs!!
You must let Park and Program Services know you're a member of the LCP and
provide your ACA number when you register.
We will sign you up with the ACA as a new member; you are required to keep your membership current. The ACA will bill you annually.
By joining LCP you agree to:
- Follow the LCP participants and trip coordinator guidelines.
- Complete a hard-copy ACA Waiver of Liability when joining/renewing and provide it to the LCP.
For all on-water activities:
- You must wear a properly fitted US Coast Guard approved life jacket.
By accepting the LCP Joining Agreement you are providing electronic signature to the Waiver and Release of Liability below.
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in any way in the sports and recreation program and related activities (“Activities”) of the Lowcountry Paddlers(“LCP”) and American Canoe Association, Inc. (“ACA”), I, for myself, my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE, agree, and represent that I understand the nature of paddle sports and related activities and that I am qualified, in good health, in proper physical condition to participate in such activity and willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation. I further agree and warrant that if at any time I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity. If I decide to leave early and not complete the trip as planned, I assume all risks inherent in my decision to leave.
2. FULLY UNDERSTAND that: (a) Paddle sports and related ACTIVITIES INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS OF DAMAGE TO PERSONAL PROPERTY AND SERIOUS BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, AND DEATH ("RISKS"); (b) these Risks and dangers may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the condition in which the Activity takes place, or THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" NAMED BELOW; (c) there may be OTHER RISKS AND SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC LOSSES either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSSES, COSTS, AND DAMAGES I incur as a result of my participation or that of the minor in the Activity.
3. HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE HCC, ACA, the ACA’s Paddle America Clubs, affiliated clubs and organizational affiliates, their respective ACA certified instructors, certified instructor trainers, and certified instructor trainer educators, administrators, directors, agents, officers, members, volunteers, and employees, other participants, any sponsors, advertisers, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the "RELEASEES" herein) FROM ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, INJURIES, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, OR OTHER DAMAGES ON MY ACCOUNT CAUSED OR ALLEGED TO BE CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE "RELEASEES" OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING NEGLIGENT RESCUE OPERATIONS; AND I FURTHER AGREE that if, despite this RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any may incur as the result of such claim.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT OR ASSURANCE OF ANY NATURE AND INTEND IT TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND AGREE THAT IF ANY PORTION OF THIS AGREEMENT IS HELD TO BE INVALID THE BALANCE, NOTWITHSTANDING, SHALL CONTINUE IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT.